Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Big Boy Bed

Ok, so maybe not officially a big boy bed, but a step in that direction!  I decided to take the drop rail side off his crib and convert it to the “toddler bed” (which is really just the side removed and a small piece added to hold in the mattress).  I think this was a good in-between step though to help him get used to the open-ness of a bed, but still with the bed/mattress that he’s used to.

I was worried that we might have trouble because he did seem a bit upset that I had taken the side off and kept imploring me to “put it back, Mommy!”  He was a bit upset at bedtime, but I tried not to react any differently than normal bed time.  Once I left the room, he stopped fussing.  About 30 minutes later I went to check on him, and he was deep asleep and hadn’t even gotten out of bed at all!

 
(yes that is a fire truck in bed with him… he sleeps with it every night!)

I didn’t hear a peep from him all night, and the next morning he woke up at normal time and was calling for me from his room.  When I went in he was sitting in his bed and asked me if he could get down!  It’s like he doesn’t realize yet that he can actually get down on his own.

It’s been the same bedtime / wakeup pattern for the last few nights.  So this transition thus far has been a lot easier than I anticipated! :)  And I think he does like his big boy bed after all!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jackson!!! This makes me feel encouraged about making the switch with Adair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious how he wouldn't get out of bed!!!! Enjoy that while it lasts! ;)

    ReplyDelete