Saturday, December 25, 2010

makin’ cookies

Jackson and I made Christmas sugar cookies yesterday – yumm!  He was very excited and kept asking when we were going to make them for the last week or so.


Mixing it up!


sneaking a lick



Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’.  Love how flour is EVERYWHERE.


He chose the first one to be a gingerbread man (with an identity crisis… I guess he should really be a “sugar cookie man” instead….my bad…..)

Ummm, how he says “gingerbread” man is the most adorable thing ever.


Time for sprinkles & sugar!  We forgot to do it before they went in, so we just did it as soon as they came out of the oven while still soft.  I just had to remain vigilant with copious warnings about staying clear of the hot pan.  No burns, all good.  :)


So proud of our work!

Our pan of sugarific cookies looks excellent! 


Jackson didn’t have much patience for icing the cookies – he did do this blue & red candy cane though!  To be fair, I didn’t have much patience for the icing either – sprinkles are so much easier and more fun!


Icing it up


snacking on the extra sprinkles and sugar


He picked three special cookies for Santa…


…and the rest were served at Christmas Eve with our family.  They were a huge hit, and the plate was devoured!

I love this tradition!  And it was much easier this year, compared to last when I made them with a 1 year old Jackson-toddler :)  Maybe next year we’ll venture into the actual gingerbread man/house area as well!

Facebookers – there are videos in the original post

No comments:

Post a Comment