We hosted a birthday party for Jackson this weekend. The theme was his favorite, Disney’s Cars and it was a blast! I had so much fun getting creative with party planning :) Here’s some info on the partay elements --
I scored this digital .jpeg invite on the cheap via etsy :) Love it!
After pricing a licensed decorated store cake to be $40, I decided to get over my fear of making my own, and went the ever-cute cupcake+topper route. Love them!! This cost a little over $10! I used the intarweb and PowerPoint to create the images, then just used 2 sized circle punches, dimensional stickers, and popsicle sticks (I already had most of the supplies on hand, which is funny because I am not usually crafty!) A big shout out to Steph for helping with them too – we knocked out assembling the toppers really fast, and she pretty much owned the icing!
Steph teaching me the art of icing :)

My “stand” is a regular cake stand, with an inverted bowl in the middle :) They were a hit -- the kids loved choosing their cupcake (Jackson picked a Mack truck one).
Ramone’s Body Art Tattoo Shop station --- this was a hit too! Also, huge shout out to Alan for surprising me and hooking me up with a bunch of professionally printed Cars signs!
Favors / party station at the entrance
Nifty Lightning McQueen balloon (even though the whole balloon Party City ordeal gives me hives thinking about it… they took forever fulfilling our order, for no apparent reason… urgh.)
Luigi’s tire toss game :) The kids loved this one!
Other shout outs to Josh, Lynn, & David for helping with the party; and another big thanks to Steph, for bein’ my right-hand woman and helping to prep all day!
More to come on the actual event in another post, including a TON of pics!






No comments:
Post a Comment