
LOVE this stuff. I’m not a fan of lotion, so this works better for me. Love the sheer sheen, and subtle scent. Coupled with some self-tanner, it’s a must-have for my fair skin legs in dress & skirt season :) It also makes for an amazing bath when you add a few drops to the water. love!

I’ve tried TONS of self-tanner products, and am quite particular. Many formulas, even marketed for fair skin, turn out too dark or the wrong shade. For a couple of years, I was stuck on a Neutrogena foam (and actually used the darker shade), but I believe they’ve adjusted the product in some way, because now it seems to not work as well. So I happened to pick up a newer version of the Jergens natural glow (I’m not a fan of the original --- I can’t be bothered to put on lotion every day to get a minute amount of color) – the express version. I put it on my legs a couple of times a week, and no issues with splotches or streaks, and the shade is perfect (with this one, I do use the fair/medium version).

I only wash my hair a couple of times a week, and have just started using this Suave dry shampoo occasionally in between washes – it definitely makes a difference and fluffs my hair right back up to regular volume!

Somehow I stumbled on this Pantene sculpting wax, and it’s a must-have for getting my hair ready for a night out. Just the extra little bit of help for making it big, a bit messy, and a bit piece-y. Unfortunately, looking for the picture made me realize it seems to be discontinued… no!!! So not sure what I’ll do when mine runs out :(

Mascara is one of the cosmetic items that I am pretty brand-loyal (most other items I just buy whatever I get on sale at retail or drug stores) – I’m a Maybelline girl. I’m partial to the “volume” line as well.
And lastly, my perfume is something I put a lot of thought into … I used to be a 2 perfume girl – Banana Republic Rosewood for day, and Ralph Lauren Romance for nights out. When I couldn’t find a new bottle of the BR, I decided to venture out of my comfort zone, and check out some more scents (but urgh, I really despise department store shopping at the mall, especially cosmetics and fragrance sections….). I’ve stumbled on a couple of new happy daytime scents though --- Lilly Pulitzer’s Wink (Ames, I actually bought this thinking I would give it to you, but then I was smitten when I sprayed a spritz to test it!! And sadly, TJMaxx was sold out the next time I went back!) … it’s delightful, and the bottle is adorable. I also scored clinique happy in bloom from Christy at the yard sale this weekend, and I like it as well. So now, for the first time ever, I have several perfumes to choose from for any given day/event, and I surprisingly like variety in my beauty routine occasionally …. proud of me, Ames??!! haha!






No comments:
Post a Comment