Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Disney Delights–First Airplane Ride!

Jackson was ECSTATIC about riding an airplane for the first time – and he did great with it :)  I also fared well with traveling among the hustle and bustle alone as a single mom with a little one and luggage. Kudos all around!


He thought the moving walkways were super cool… and we were the awkward people who just stood on them because he wanted to “ride” as long as possible. Apologies for any rushed travelers trying to hurry past us!

Our return flight experience wasn’t as smooth, unfortunately.  We arrived to the airport with plenty of time, but toward our flight time, we continued to learn of minor delays, which transitioned into major delays, which transitioned into new flights, which ultimately resulted in complete flight cancellation, and agents unapologetically spouting off scripted responses that we were not able to fly out until Tuesday (this was a Saturday afternoon). Cue tirades, profanity, and general traveler panic at our gate…. I tried to remain calm for my little guy’s sake, but at one point was really clueless about how to proceed…. do I rent a car and drive the 10 hours alone, but also avoid staying for hours and hours at an airport unsure of when I will get home? Can I rent a booster seat? Can I actually manage the drive alone with a 5 year old even so? Finally, when I was just about to opt for driving, they announced a new flight plan for us later in the evening. So we ultimately spent nine, yes, nine, very long hours hanging out at the Orlando airport. Jackson was a champ about it, but we were both utterly exhausted when we finally arrived home that night.


Parent “stuck at the airport” hack tip – drink trays make awesome “castles” for Legos, or other imaginative play fun.


Our playing cards came in handy for some games of Go Fish


We wasted a bit of time riding the awesome “train” a handful of times… got a lot of funny looks from fellow riders though, so I felt compelled to explain our reasons for the repetitive riding.


Movies….


More movies…


Dinner (and a strong pink cocktail for Mommy) and watching planes up close!  Hopefully THAT ONE is finally ours!


Our later flight wasn’t booked too tightly, so Jackson insisted that Donald and Goofy follow the pilot’s safety instructions and stay buckled for takeoff. :)

2 comments:

  1. How many times have you heard of a person saying their interest started as a hobby, and had no idea that it would develop into a new
    financially gainful career. Fresh water cultured pearls turn up in a wider range of colors and shapes than their saltwater counterparts.
    Akoya pearl necklaces have then on become symbols for beauty and elegance and
    one of the most popular pearls the world over.

    my page :: http://community.therealbishop.com/link/25762

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where do you start looking for a java machine to fit your
    perfect idea of what you need to be. It was a luxury before, as I would ought
    to go on the local Starbucks to get one. Numerous brands now also offer products
    inside K cup packaging and includes such well-known names as
    Folgers, Bigelow Tea Company, Diedrich, Millstone Coffee, Wolfgang Puck,
    Caribou and several, many more.

    Here is my web blog ... http://Www.Trojanifsc.net/atle/HarleyngMaplesih

    ReplyDelete