On Christmas Eve morning, Jackson & I made some Christmas cookies. I had intentions of being all Martha Stewart-ish, but decided instead to go store-bought cookie dough. (shame) I also had (store bought) icing, but with visions of sticky messes all in my head, decided to nix that ingredient.
So we rolled out the dough (and ate some too – come on!) and cut out the shapes. Mostly just a star, circle, and weird scallop shape, because I believe my Christmas cookie cutters were up in the attic, since I didn’t pull all our holiday stuff down this year. Probably doesn’t matter though, because for whatever reason, I lack the basic skills necessary to get proper cut-outs from cookie dough, and they all just looked like shapeless blobs anyway. :)


Then we decorated the cookies with fun-colored sprinkles and sugars… which lasted only a minute or so because Jackson’s idea of decorating was to just pour it all on one cookie.

I’m sure Santa loved that one cookie completely covered in red & green sugar :)






No comments:
Post a Comment