Friday, April 30, 2010

Cars, Trucks, & Trains, Oh My!

I heard about a fun event for kids that would have all kinds of cars, trucks, trains, and things that go (hosted by Junior League and for a good cause!), so I decided to take Jackson, and was sure he would be thrilled.  My friend, Christy, came along with us, and we met some other friends there too.

The weather was nice, and Jackson was excited to go.  But as soon as we got there, he got a bit over-stimulated, and went into an oscillating pattern of shut-down mode ("I no like it" and "I no want to" when asked to look at or do anything) and meltdown tantrum mode.  It was just too much for him to handle, so it took a bit of time for him to calm down and get used to the scene.  Even then, he still had a number of mini tantrums throughout the day, but nothing to cause a mommy meltdown at any rate.

Checking under the hood


Sliding out of a fun bus 
 

Riding the train :)  Jackson LOVED it!
 

On top of the SWAT truck

Super cool fireman hat

Pouting by the trash cans :(
 
     
One of his other favorites --- watching the race cars!  When they would crash, he would yell “BOOM!”

Very fun times!!

** thanks to Christy for the pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment