Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eat in style.

It’s not much, but my style is rather simplistic at any rate…. I am thrilled with the way the breakfast area is coming together!  All I knew I wanted originally was a black, round pedestal table, and from there I really liked the black & khaki combo.

Steph helped me choose the wall paint color, which is officially “Natural” in the Waverly Classics colors at Lowes (but my painters used Sherwin Williams instead). I actually used this color throughout the kitchen, breakfast area, entry way, and both hallways.  Here’s some of the other info on the room:

  • Table – from Target.com
  • Chairs – JCP.com (original chairs from Target.com were returned – they had a weird finish…)
  • Table decor & seat pads – all from my old table / old house :)
  • Curtain rod – blackish/bronze; clearance @ Lowe’s today!
  • Curtains  - leftover set from my old bedroom; originally from Target several years ago.  I *love* light monochromatic curtains / walls in neutral shades….  I know, I know, I’m the Queen of Beige.

Still to-do…

  • Decor on the wall(s).  Probably some simple black frames, shelves.  But this is always the hardest part for me, so I’m sure it’ll take me forever. (cue Christy & Amy chuckling at my decorating indecision misfortune)
  • Change light fixture
  • Maybe add a rug?  maybe way down the road change flooring throughout kitchen?  I’m not a fan, but it doesn’t make me cringe either (cabinets / countertops – another story altogether, and much higher priority!)

Just for fun comparison, this is what the breakfast area looked like when I bought the house (eeeeek – color!! hahahahaha)

Rest of the house update --- I’m just waiting on my headboard (on backorder till mid-September – argh!) to come in to really be able to finish up my bedroom.  Starting to do some final stuff in the bathrooms, and maybe someday the guest room will stop being a catchall for all the “old” decor stuff that I haven’t found places for yet (it’s the land of misfit vases, Rudolph!)  But most exciting is that I’m close to figuring out what to do with the living room (and selling some of my old stuff gave me a re-do fund boost!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed. ....we can't seem to get settled in our new place. It's way harder than it looks. ESPECIALLY with little ones in the mix. Great work!

    ReplyDelete