Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pictures!

I’m FINALLY getting some pictures up throughout the house.  Slowly but surely…. my indecisive tendencies are not getting things done quickly!  But I’ve been trying to figure out how to use many of the frames I already have, and then go from there.

Here are some of the ones I have up on walls now:


In the kitchen and hallway I’m using black frames – love it!  Some of my favorite pics from the beach this summer (my Nikon!), and my all-time favorite preggers “Baby Teeny” shot (courtesy of Joel’s awesome skills!)


Fireplace … I’m not a huge fan of this setup, and think this is a temporary arrangement, but these were easy first pics to get up on display!  Some of my  favorites from 14 months to 2 years old (Altered Images by Heather pics!)

 
Hallway by the laundry room & my bedroom – J at 14 months (another Altered Images by Heather shot)


Corner of the living room, by the dining room – some of my favorite infant shots at 1 week old (snuggle shot and bottom right by Joel, face shot by my Nikon skillz!)

This is only the beginning!  I’m hoping to get some more up in the entry way / short hall, and also in the rest of the back hall. 

And I’m inspired and eager to put up photos throughout the house, but utterly BLANK on other decor – art above the sofa, something for the blank wall by my table, master bedroom, bathrooms…. I can’t put pictures everywhere!  It’s already pretty much a J-man gallery :)  LOVE it!!

Up next with the house….. I’m jonesing for new living room furniture, and I know what I want (in my head), but have yet to decide on anything other than the sofa:


IKEA’s Ektorp sofa in svanby beige

I have a beige sofa already, but the fabric on this one is a delish texture, similar to linen, and it’s a lighter color than my current one, which should contrast a bit better with the richer wall and seagrass rug.  It is the exact casual comfy vibe I want…. Even though it’s IKEA affordable, my budget is quite strained with double mortgages, so for now I fantasize…. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment