I love*love*love putting up the Christmas tree and decorations! I have always put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving, so I planned to do the same this year. I did put the tree up while Jackson was asleep Thursday night, so I could work on getting it ornament-ready, and I knew I needed to battle with the pre-lit lights that went out last year that I never fixed.
Result? 2 hours later, with scratched arms and wounded spirit, I gave up and just added on a new strand where the lights are out at the bottom. I used this weird gun tool to try to determine the problem and fix the lights, but I still failed. Ahhh well, I might bring in my electrical-savvy FIL for the job.
I wanted to start a new tradition (that I stole from someone in a magazine) this year where we eat doughnuts to celebrate our tree decorating, so Jackson and I headed off to Dunkin Donuts early Friday morning for a variety dozen. Yummmm! (this is a special tradition/treat because it has been YEARS since I have ever bought doughnuts!)
How will I ever choose???? Perhaps I should just touch every single one and see if it’s the right one. :|
Excellent choice!! Plain with chocolate icing & sprinkles!
Hanging a snowman ornament on the tree
Jackson didn’t really want to hang the ornaments on the tree – he wanted to play with all the trains, robots, and Santas! So I had to do some convincing, and mostly he played while I hung up the ornaments. There were a few more casualties of shattered ones this year too….now that our tree is on a wood floor, we’ll have to be much more careful.
You’ll shoot your eye out, kid. (Jackson playing with the weird light checker gun thingy)
All done!






absolutely beautiful!!!!!
ReplyDelete