Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas snow!

Snow on Christmas!  How cool!  Jackson got to check it out right before bedtime.  He was every excited to catch snowflakes on his tongue :)

The next morning, we woke up to a snowy wonderland!  And it snowed lightly most of the day too.  I never actually measured, but maybe in the 3-4” range I suppose. 

We went out to play early the next morning – all layered up and ready to go! Except Jackson wasn’t really a fan of wearing the mittens, so we didn’t stay out long.


Still catching snowflakes!


Ehhh, who needs gloves???


Running!

We stayed inside most of the rest of the day, and Jackson didn’t seem particularly interested in going back out.  But towards sundown, I coerced him back outside so we could make sure to have one last play session in case of next-day-melting.  This time he kept the gloves on….but his jeans kept falling down exposing his PJs underneath :(  All kinds of winter wardrobe malfunctions for my little guy!


He kept wanting to eat snow directly on the ground!  crazy kiddo!

I’m not good at doing the whole snow thing … I think this is where I am sorta sucky as a single mom.  I *tried* to rig up a sledding situation, but he wasn’t into it, and after a few FAILs I just gave up.  Let me just say some of the impromptu supplies involved were a storage tote lid, cardboard box, and bungee cords.  Super fail.  Maybe in a few years he’ll be able to rig it up for me (and teach me the patience to build a snowman while we’re at it)!  There IS an ahhhhhh-mazing slope across from my house where they are building the dam for a new recreational lake.  I was watching people slide down in envy :|

Jackson did say his favorite part of playing in the snow was smashing the snowballs into the front of the house :)  He laughed when I threw a few softies at his back too.  Of course, his lobster-mitten hands didn’t have dexterity enough to form them on his own, so I had to be on point for production.

All in all, fun snow times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment