I finally finished the decorating today…. was really putting off the whole outside-lights stuff because I’m not really a fan of the hell-could-freeze-over temps we have been having. I almost decided to give up on it altogether, but today since it actually hit 50, I made myself at least do a few out front. Here’s a sampling of our very merry décor this year :)
the tree – I love my big honkin fake pre-lit beauty.
The front door wreath. Have had this for years, and it used to always adorn the mirror in the living room, but it works for the front door too. It was interesting to see how the stuff I already had worked in the new house… I haven’t bought anything new this year, except for a $1 Wal-Mart pine-scented candle!
A side table – love the snow globe & updated Santa pic!
Jingle Bells! This wreath makes me smile. This year it’s on J’s bathroom door.
The whole shebang as you walk into the living room. The fireplace isn’t really my favorite… will have to work on that for next year. I mumbled approximately 32 MFers while trying to figure out how to arrange that garland. After scratched hands, a broken candleholder, and lost spirits, I just gave up and tried to make it just effing lay down flat already!
Random stuff on the coffee table (which I am LOVING. I need to do an update on the living room, even though it is only about 25% done. But the couch and coffee table alone have me 100% happier already. smiles.)
More random stuff on the little kitchen window shelf thing. Love that this garland is pre-arranged and there were no MFers muttered in the placement of this décor.
It’s not much, but at least there are now SOME lights out front! Haha, and I guess I totally screwed that left bow up. Ahhh well. (also sneak peek – I FINALLY(!) got some cute patio chairs for the porch!)
The boy LOVES the snow globe. He says “Can I turn on the music, Mommy? Can I, can I??????”






love, love all the decorations. its lookin a lot like christmas YES
ReplyDelete