Thursday, December 16, 2010

Living Room Update

So far all I’ve done is get a new couch and coffee table, but it’s already made such a huge difference!   Steph & Alan worked on sprucing up J’s playset, so in exchange I offered for them to take my old couch and loveseat, since they wanted a new set, and I was jonesin’ for an upgrade myself. 


please disregard wrinkles – I have since steamed them all away ;)


delish textured fabric on the couch.  it TOTALLY makes it.


I am obsessed with pillows with buttons.  So simple and totally adorable.  Swoon.

Here are the details:

  • Couch – IKEA’S Ektorp sofa in svanby beige.  LOVE.  I have been lusting after this couch since I moved into the new house.  On the pricey side for IKEA (bc of the fabric I chose).  BUT totally worth it.
  • Coffee table – from walmart.com, yo.  So much of the new furniture in my house is from there, and I am definitely impressed!  It’s a bit darker than I’d prefer, but for the price, and considering it had the *perfect* proportions and style I was looking for, I’m lovin’ it.  The baskets help lighten it up – they were ones I’ve had for a while, I believe scores on sale from the Pottery Barn Outlet.
  • Button throw pillows – Walmart for the win again!  Something like $9 each. 

Here’s what’s left for me to lust after:

  • Chairs – I’d like to get 2 comfy chairs for the living room… I haven’t found the perfect ones yet…
  • Accent side table(s) – Might depend on how the chairs end up being arranged, so I’m holding off on these for now, and am just using my old ones.
  • Wall décor – I need *SOMEthing* above the sofa…but I’m clueless.  It’s a huge expansive wall, so the proportions need to be just right.  Maybe I’ll try to pretend like I’m crafty and do some fabric or wallpaper covered canvas or something.  This will probably be the very last thing I’ll figure out…. other than framed photos, I’m clueless when it comes to walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment