Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter + more fun with friends

Tasha & S. came over last Saturday – the kids had such fun!  Because of the weather, we couldn’t go to the egg hunt at the park, so we opted to have some Easter fun inside the house instead.


We hid eggs a few times and let them go hunting in the living room.  S. knows the name of the game, about snatchin’ up eggs quickly… Jackson is not yet privy to that tactic, as he wanted to spend time and relish each find, and sometimes pontificate on the hiding location (“Mommy, this egg in the candle holder is dangerous, it could get hot and burn.”)

Then we decided to dye some eggs.  Again – the differences amongst the two kiddos was hilarious.  S. would meticulously color a design, then patiently dunk her egg; Jackson would grab one, forget to color, dunk it hastily, and immediately want to move on to the next one. :)


Somehow I convinced him to try coloring…

oh, the magical joy of egg dyeing!


the final product (ps – the egg carton makes a perfect drying/storage container!  kudos to parenthacks for clueing me in to that tidbit of awesome)

When the rain finally let up, we headed out to CiCi’s for lunch (score for kids eat free coupons!) and then to PetSmart to see the animals :)


What a weird lizard snake thing!

Such a fun day with friends!  :)

** Facebookers – there is a video in the original post **

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm confused? I thought Easter was a Christian holiday? Didn't you say a few posts ago that you are agnostic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I celebrate secular components of Easter only -- several of these symbols and traditions (eggs, bunny/gifts) have roots beyond and pre-dating Christianity, so I'm familiar with the origins, intent, and purpose of what I'm celebrating.

    I am respectful that the holiday has differing purposes and manifestations among others. I would hope that those who differ in opinion from my own would also offer the same understanding and respect.

    ReplyDelete