I've already confessed to having a weakness for buying books… Jackson has a huge bookcase full of reads, and his wish list is filled with books I hear about, or ones we check out from the library that he really likes. I find myself buying them (especially when I have a bit to go for amazon.com free shipping), and he always gets one (or two, or three…) at birthdays and Christmas.

One of my favorites (and he seems to really like it too) is I Love You, Stinky Face. This is a really cute book about a mother and son (perfect for our small family arrangement) at bedtime – the son inquires whether his mommy will still love him if he is ____________ (insert various odd / scary / different characters here). Example – if the boy is a ferocious alligator with super sharp teeth! And of course, the mother always responds with assuring the little boy she would love him no matter what, and she embellishes with all the things she would do in each scenario – she would stick her head right in the alligator’s mouth to check for a sore throat if he is sick, and she would buy him a big toothbrush to make sure his many sharp teeth stayed clean and shiny and healthy.
I love the message of unconditional love in this story – and I think it does a good job of sending the message to little boys – no matter how gross or weird things get, your mommy will still love you and take care of you. :) I love my sentimental stuff with a small dose of silly, and this fits the bill perfectly.
LOVE this book! The story is fabulous and the illustrations are great too!






We have had this book since lily was a baby! LOVE it!
ReplyDelete