Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Favorite Apps

I’ve had the iPhone a few years now, and I’m sort of a minimalist when it comes to apps, but there are some tried and true favorites :)  And I’m a frugal kind of girl – I very rarely pay for them – and it makes sense, because my best of the best below are all FO’ FREE anyway! :)

** click the icon image to see more info in iTunes **

images (1)

Google Voice
I have no clue why I didn’t get this sooner!  Especially since I would worship Google if it were a religion, but for some reason, I’m late to the Voice game.  I use this app for my texting now, and pay nada for messaging!

 

Icon_CardStar_App_max200w

CardStar
Love this app!  You can store all of your frequent shopper or other account card numbers (library, gym, CVS, grocery store, etc…).  The app will create a scan-ready barcode, so all you need is your phone – no more toting cards around in my my wallet! :)

 

download (2)

Craigslist Pro (Free version)
I’m a Craigslist fan, and usually check at least once a day or so for something (currently looking to see if I can score a new big-boy bed for Jackson on there).  I sell items occasionally also.  I’ve tried another app, and this one is the best.  I actually even prefer this app over using the website on a computer browser (even with a pic-preview extension installed) sometimes!

 

redlaser

RedLaser
I use this app when I’m out shopping – it will scan a barcode, and then find the item online so I can quickly see reviews and price comparisons :)

 

 

slacker

Slacker Radio
Slacker has been my go-to streaming radio site for years (I prefer it over Pandora).  Love this app!

 

 

urbanspoon

urbanspoon
This app totally rocks – I use it when I’m in an unfamiliar area or traveling – definitely found some good places to eat in New Orleans recently with just letting it find my location and then checking out nearby highly reviewed spots.  I also like to use it sometimes to take the “decision” out of where to eat…just set it to what price range I’m looking for, and shake it for a random selection!

Of course, I love the included Mail, Calendar, & Contacts apps (all of which are synced up to my Gmail account).  And the Facebook app is my ultimate boredom buster :)

I’ll do a post sometime on Jackson’s favorite apps :)  And our newest accessory – the Apple AV Composite cable (so we can watch videos from the iPhone to the TV!)

No comments:

Post a Comment