Saturday, July 23, 2011

summertime and the livin’s (not always) easy :)

We don’t have a pool in my tiny HOA-less neighborhood … and we don’t belong to the Y… or any other pool membership.  And it’s fine with me – I’m not much of a swimming kinda gal, and Jackson has access to swim at his dad’s neighborhood pool anyway.

But I do love lazy weekends with the kiddie pool or sprinkler right in our very own yard.  It’s so simple – and equally awesome, I don’t have to get in.

Well, it’s usually simple.  I decided to set up the pool a couple of weeks ago, which has to be inflated.  Not too cumbersome… but I get it blown up, start cleaning it, and notice that it’s slowly deflating.  I find the hole that I rigged up last year and forgot about – with packing tape.  The packing tape sticky was all morphed and gooey and gross.  So I decided to up the ante and went for the big guns – duct tape.  So I slapped some neon tape over the hole, filled up the air again, and continued along with my setup. 

It’s deflating again.  what the what?!  Cue google search.  Cue realization that my tape rigs are only temporary at best.  Cue frustration over not finding the real-deal patch kit ANYWHERE in the garage. 

But then I stumbled on a like-minded mama’s (or maybe dad’s?) hack --- take the beast of both worlds of adhesiveness – slap some superglue around that duct tape!  Hello, super patch!  It worked, and it stayed put, with all the air intact.  Score!

And then the boy swims…  :)

He loved running & jumping in the pool… I adore his fearlessness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment