I’m not particularly a fan of my single mom shared parenting situation – I miss my little boy to my core when he’s not with me. And I do little things to try to stay connected with my guy when he’s with his dad – phone calls, video chats.
One day recently, we had a strong mid-day rainstorm, and a bit later, I was having a phone chat with Jackson. He often makes reference to things he can see that the phone companion can’t, so I was a bit hesitant when he excitedly asked me if I could see the rainbow in the sky … but when I went outside, it was “right there!!” And it was huge, and clear, and bright and gorgeous.

I was visually smitten for a moment. It was beautiful… perhaps the prettiest rainbow I’ve seen in my adult years. Surely it could mean some good luck?…. :)
But the best part about it was that it was something I could share with Jackson, that spanned the distance between us at that very moment. Our very own Fivel moment (y’all like my 80s reference?) :)







How cool! Don't bring up Fivel...that movie made me cry back then...I'm sure I couldn't handle it now that I have kids!
ReplyDelete