I love J’s thick shaggy hair… and have always kept it a bit long. I felt bad with the heat lately though, and thought we’d give a short style a try, even if just for summer. So we headed off to Great Clips!
before it’s all cut off
This is the first time they’ve used anything other than scissors!
Once the stylist had cut the back, we quickly saw the beast cowlicks that make Jackson’s hair go crazy up top… there are 2 of them swirling in opposite directions, and with the short hair, all it did is stick straight out! So the stylist suggested doing a mohawk --- she spiked that stuff up hardcore, and I mussed it back down later to something more along the lines of a faux-hawk.
Enjoying his ben & jerry ice cream reward for doing a good job with getting the haircut!
At first he didn’t like it --- he said it looked “silly” – but then I realized he doesn’t like it spiked/messy. He wants it to “lay flat”… which is possible in the front, but ain’t happening with the swirl cowlicks out back. :) Maybe there’s a good in-between that’s still short, but the cowlicks behave a bit more. Oh, the things I’m learning about boy hair!
I do reallllyyyy miss his shaggy hair though, selfishly :(






love love love it but u know I do ,already told u so
ReplyDeleteawww, I think it's adorable :-)
ReplyDelete